forums

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Liedto (by Phil L.):

We have a Sheltie and is smartest dog we have had. Never have problems with our dog and do love him! So I do understand your thinking!

Now for the real world, You might check out the timeshares you take doggie to and see what kind of trades they have in location and amount of timeshares availble to trade into. You will find a few but most are out of the USA!

Have you asked doggie which ones he likes to stay in,of coarse if you could understand pooch talk he most likey is screaming " Leave Me Home".

The Vastana is very nice resort and we have stayed there twice. I do know the rules in print are NO PETS. Last thing we want to see while doing morning walk with cup of coffee is people out letting their dogs take a dump on the grass. Our kids probably will be on that grass at sometime. Even if you are one of the few that pickup the stain in grass still there plus smell!

When we go away we go to relax not deal with dogs,we take dress clothing and last thing we want is dog/cat hair on them. No matter what you think many dog owners walk their dog and do not pickup after and we have seen this even at doggie parks.

There is nothing worse than dealing at airport with people running around with dogs. I like my dog but couldn't careless about your dog so why would I want to deal with these problem caused because you can't travel without pooch!

We saw a fight few months ago when we landed back in Sacramento CA. These two very oversized women wearing shorts (probably back from Flordia and not a pretty sight) had their dogs and while getting in everyones way guess what? One of the mutts lifts his leg and takes a leak on these people's suit cases. They had the cops there to stop this mother from hitting these two nit-wits and there acting like its no big deal! What do you think will happen if one of these dogs bites someone like a child? Law suit against you and the resort! In a area of this many people it is a real shock to the system of a dog and if they get loose and start to run like dogs do and gets run over then you will blame everyone from driver to resort and again gripe and want to file a law suit. Leave the dog home or in doggie hotel and let them be spoiled for a week while your gone.

As most pet owners who travel with their dogs you are only thinking of yourself and not thousands of other people that are affected by you taking pet to a timeshare!

Sounds like the manager was trying not to deal with you because your really ticked off about this and just not worth his wasting time dealing with it when nothing is going to change anyway! From what you said the manager did try and work with you at first.

We have taken our dog on boating trips and motor home trip but this affects no one. We have house sitter take care of our dog when we are on vacation or doggie hotels are great too!

You might check the timeshare you stayed in with pooch and see if they have their own group of trades for this. I doubt very many people without dogs would want to stay in those units though.

From the time you must have spent to write all this I don't think I would want to deal with your complaining eather if I was the manager! What do you think he can do for you, change all the rules that I am sure most people want just so you can bring pooch!

Just wondering while you and doggie were walking around did you knock on every door to see if they brought a dog.

Maybe you should try reading the resort information and ask if you do not understand (NO PETS)

Second many families go on vacation and enjoy getting dressed and going some place nice for dinner or show. Not everyone walks around in shorts 24 hours a day because there in Flordia. I know we did this five of the 14 days we were there and we did not see one person in shorts trying to get into a nice restaurant for dinner.

I have been with II for sixteen years and have not stayed in a resort that lets you have pets. I'm not saying there isn't a few but I have never notice a five star that takes dogs.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

PHILL12