Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: How to get rid of a timeshare you no longer want .... (by R P.):

1. Research Redweek and other resale sites to see what price Manhattan Club weeks are being listed for. Lower your price according to the other weeks that are for sale.

2. After doing your research then list your week for sale on Redweek and/or other listing sites. Do not pay a broker an upfront fee to sell your timeshare. The Manhattan Club is very popular and is in a very high demand area with a low supply of timeshares (I believe they are the only timeshare in NYC). If you list it right, you will sell your week.

3. If you do not get some interest in a month or so keep lowering the price until you start getting interested buyers contacting you.

4. When you and the interested buyer reach a sale agreement, then contact a closing agent to close the deal. Redweek uses American Title. Another reputable timeshare closing company is www.timesharetransfer.com and they will handle the closing and the escrow (monies) until the deal is finalized and all monies and contracts are dispersed to both parties.

tamaraem wrote:
I am interested in selling my Manhattan Club timeshare, but like am not quite sure how the process works. Can someone give me some advice?