Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: How to get rid of a timeshare you no longer want .... (by Sigmund R.):

I just find it amusing how people scramble and trip over themselves to try to justify the way people get conned over and over again with timeshare traps -- and it's becoming obvious that, just like the TUG boards (yes it's true, folks, the emporer is naked), this forum is infested by people with ulterior motives. As if this is just some friendly community where people who enjoy timesharing gather to discuss their horridly overpriced "vacations." Back when I had my timeshare, I know I never talked like that, and neither did any of the neighbors in my (former) unit. So who are these people who are so ineptly trying to defend this industry? The same ones who profit from it at the expense of gullible people (as I once was).

All I'm going to say about myself is that I'm delighted not to have this gigantic financial millstone around my neck any longer. If I can help one person get out of the trap -- by any means necessary -- then I'll have done my part. This is why I'm here.

I said it before and I say it again: TSR uses the timeshares they buy by renting them out for conferences and seminars -- effectively converting them from timeshares to hotel rooms.

Now, in what world is that even nearing something that's illegal or unethical? In fact, it's taking scam properties and turning them into a legitimate business. TSR deserves a medal for doing that.

Most of the TS industry hates this company because they offer people a way out where there isn't usually one. Let me add to this. They hate TSR also because they reveal the TS industry for the ripoff that it is.

I'm going to close by quoting the only sane response I've seen on this thread, and hope that readers can see it for the even-handed, impartial response that it is.

From elsas3: "It's funny how you see this on virtually every timeshare forum when someone even whisphers the name Timeshare Relief. Personally, I'm suspect of such knee-jerk emotionally driven reactions. I can see a case for both sides while not subscribing any particular evil to either one. If you're a happy timeshare owner then hey good for you. Have at it! Vacation away. If you're a miserable timeshare owner and have invested enough time, energy and money into something you detest and see fit to transfer your title with Timeshare Relief then hey, good for you too. Why does that anger everyone so much?

"I mean come on, it's an absolute farce to pretend the timesharing industry isn't corrupt. It just is. Sure there are the occassional exceptions to the rule but by and large it's a scam. Let's just call a spade a spade here. As for the TUG boards, yes, they are helpful and they are helpful to people who have unlimited time and resources to invest in their vacation planning. For the average Joe who got suckered into a piece of crap property they really can't afford probably not so much and it's silly to suggest that everyone on TUG is on the up and up. While there are a number of very well informed people on that site there are also a number of industry people and if you believe for a minute they aren't there with an agenda, well, then I suppose you're perfect for a timeshare."

To any readers who stop by this thread, please know that I won't be responding after this post. There will probably be some sharks who will try and spin things around, they'll equivocate, and they'll show themselves to be way too defensive to be the casual vacationers that they claim they are. If you want to know the truth about TimeShare Relief, don't listen to them but rather Google the company yourself. I'm seriously glad that I did that a few months ago.

Sigmund R.