Maintenance Fees

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Maintenance Fees (by Debi Z.):

You are all so right about the maintenance fees! Where I live, we have a similar problem (along with the fact that we only have 3 resorts to choose from!). There is a local group of people here that got fed up, and they have got as many resort owners as possible together to bring a class action lawsuit against the company that owns and manages the resorts. The suit, which is currently in the high court, claims that the reason our maintenance fees are so high is that the resort management are charging the owners for maintenance of the complete site, including maintenance of units unsold (and there are a lot of those). So, if only 1/2 the weeks have been sold, I am actually paying double maintenance on my weeks, to cover the unsold units (which, by the way, are rented out as regular hotel rooms !!!!). Anyway, at the moment the class action is in the courts, and the claims are currently "just claims", but you guys may think about doing something similar.