Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Paul D.):

Frankly, I don't know why I am taking the time to write this. I guess only to share my experience and singular opinion, and to wish you well.

About 5 years ago maybe, when I found out about the NYAG investigation, I then found this forum. Just as shocked and disappointed as everyone else, I followed the story until the courts made their decision resulting in nothing for the owners. I stopped paying anything to TMC. I got a few letters. My credit was not affected somehow. I heard nothing for a long while.

Meanwhile, the battle and angst continued to be displayed on this forum. A couple of people going to court in hopes of getting some money back (I don't know their results. Still pending? Hope you get something.). And then attorney Zimmerman shows up collecting retainers and promising, what exactly? I am very curious about this. Like, has anyone met him? What, if any, results or progress has been gained? It is my sincere hope that he can help you somehow.

Folks comment on here about the corruption involved in all of this. The desire for justice and to somehow, someday be justified, rewarded, and especially be compensated for being taken advantage of. My personal belief was and still is that the corruption can not be beaten. Not by this group. Not by a lawsuit. Not by Zimmerman. And while I can understand it, not by living with the anger and bitterness and mental burden of this entire situation. The financial burden, though, is another story.

I truly feel for those that spent huge amounts of money for their ownership at TMC. I understand why you might choose to continue to fight. The amount that we spent/lost is low compared to many of you. Our family had a handful of visits at TMC and always enjoyed ourselves. We chose to let go of what made absolutely no sense to continue to be involved with. Therefore, it made perfect sense for us to accept the $100 pittance and be fully rid of the entire fiasco. It took almost a year to receive the check.

Sometimes it is hard to believe just how long this has been going on.

I sincerely hope that one day there will be answers, or results, or restitution, or compensation, or relief for everyone. And that it is in whatever form you have wished, hoped, and worked hard for.