Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: COVID-19 Related Cancellations (by Efstratios P.):

So Redweek is telling me the following:

Because the travel ban from the U.S. to Aruba was still in place on the check-in date, we closed the dispute in the renter's favor and refunded her in full. Per the rental agreement, the renter must have a habitable unit on the check-in date, and a travel ban means the renter cannot legally inhabit the unit.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

My response was the following:

Please carefully read section 12. of our rental agreement. You are incorrect. The definition of not habitable that is pointed out in the agreement says “due to flood, fire or storm.” Not travel. Even the word uninhabitable in the dictionary defines it as “unsuitable for living”. Nothing to do with travel. At the time the Marriott was not unsuitable for living. Furthermore also in section 12. Of the rental agreement that is signed by the tenant and I states that the: “Renter's inability to complete their travel for any other reason beyond the Owner's control (including, but not limited to: illness, airline interruptions, job loss) are the sole responsibility of the Renter, and Payment is nonrefundable.” It clearly states that if the renter cannot complete their travel for any other reason beyond the owner’s control it is the sole responsibility of the renter and it is nonrefundable. Covid was beyond my control and it’s on them, they should have purchased travel insurance. Please show me where in the rental agreement it says that due to travel restrictions it is uninhabitable? Nowhere does it say that. I will not accept this.

The rental agreement is very clear on this, I just don’t understand how redweek can break my rental agreement and is telling me that travel restrictions makes a unit uninhabitable.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?