Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Would like to know what I am doing wrong. (by Jerry E.):

I also have a ts that I would sell if I thought that I could. After browsing around various websites and ebay, it seems to me that I would be lucky to sell it for anything substantial. My week is a red week in florida near Kissimmee. There is just too many. Various people have already commented on donating it to a charity. Try donateforacause.com I currently have an email into them for more info but have not gotten a response yet. They say it can take 2 days. As well, I contacted my developer/management group and inquired about options. At my resort they have an option for me to give the deed back to the owners association. The cost to do the legal work is $100.00. It sounds like they have done it a few times because its sounds very simple and quick to do. Personally I am going to wait to hear on the charity option. If they will give a reasonable fair market value for my donated ts week, say $5000.00 for example, I think/hope that my accountant will be able to use it to lessen my income tax payable next year. The worst option I think is to get drawn in by some of these ts relief groups and pay another several thousand dollars to get rid of a problem. If you have been browsing around this site you likely realize that you may be able to rent it on this site or tug and likely others as well. Do make sure that you know what you have before you give it away though. In searching through ebay sites and others, some ts do have real value and rent quite easily. If you let someone on this site know what you have, like jennie or jayjay and I'm sure many others, you can likely determine a course of action. Don't panic. My resort charges me $25.00 for late payment of fees and that will carry me for a few months before they would get anxious and do something more drastic, like maybe a collection agent!! Good luck