Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Robert M.):

Sharing my past experience, if it helps? Not sure where Diamond is domiciled, so I don't know which state or state agency that you should contact. Three years ago, I had a problem with Hilton and their 5-day promotional timeshare week coupled with a 2-hr solicitation presentation. They took my payment in full, then changed the dates of my stay after guaranteeing me set dates to close the deal. I complained repeatedly and finally threatened to sue, but they did not respond. Just repeatedly told me they were sending my issue to their legal counsel within their organization, who never responded. I researched and found that Hilton is domiciled in Florida. Florida's Dept of Agriculture has a legal division to resolve timeshare disputes. They intervened on my behalf and within 30 days I had all of my money back, and no attorney fees or other expenses. Diamond would have to be domiciled in Florida, or a state with similar legal dept, to force Diamond to respond to the state agency. Whatever you do, you will need to document in writing all of your emails & phone calls to Diamond (including dates, times, person contacted, phone number, what was said) and written copies of ownership and ownership transfer to get any action.

Suggestion: If a timeshare company puts my calls on a recorded line, I also tell them and tap the calls too. That way there are never any "lost" recordings. In disputes, I send a demand letter via certified mail, then wait 30 days for a response. Following your state laws, thorough documentation and proper procedures are essential, if you expect to succeed. Florida's Dept of Ag will walk you through their requirements and procedures, if they have jurisdiction.