Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: WALK AWAY FROM TIMESHARE (by NoOneYouKnow):

Speaking of RTU, I had a neighbor who sold timeshares, and one day during cocktail hour at his house, when the girls were doing their girl things and he and I were talking timeshares, he just exploded over a few things I said, saying, in essence, if there weren't any developers, we wouldn't have those free timeshares.

Then, later, when he was diagnosed as being terminal, they came to me to help them get rid of their Mexican timeshares, saying, "We know you know how to do that sort of thing."

(Where's the smilies when you need one?)

Of course, being the glutton for punishment that I am, and even understanding how "people like them" never appreciate what you do for them, I gave it a shot. The resort actually "spoke" to me. It turns out the weeks were RTU, with just a few years left. I found someone willing to take them, but, after all of that, my neighbors were not willing to let them go without being compensated for weeks on deposit at RCI.

So, since they were not married, I just suggested that they re-title them without the Significant Other on them. When my neighbor passed away, it seems that was the end of that.

Then, and I'm chuckling, the Significant Other asked me to make reservations with those RCI deposits for her and her new boyfriend, because "I know how to do that sort of thing."

Of course, I did.