Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Buying timeshares (even resale) (by Orville F.):

darrell132 wrote:
Ok maybe somebody here can help me with some information. I understand all the pluses and minuses of TS (mostly negatives). My wife and I usually take a week or two each year to travel, often to Cancun MX. We have sat through sales pitches at Disney, Hilton and most recently Omni Cancun (twice). Im not to excited about any of the Vacation Clubs as they call them but there are some things we like about each one. The Omni we can burn as many weeks as we like, they just take them off the end of the term, Disney it's the point system we like along with Disneys low pressure pitch and honest reputation. We had finally decided to just pass on the idea of TS ownership for now, until I joined RedWeek and found a floating week for a crazy low price at a resort we love. At the price I can't lose but we are stumped as to how to exchange funds in the sale? I called and verified the seller actually owned what he claimed at this resort. Now the owner wants to sell and even lowered the price some more <Grin> but wants me to sign papers he sends me then return to him with a check which he said he will hold until Resorts Advantage has made the name change on the official documents. I don't like the idea of sending money to someone until my name is on the correct papers. Does anyone know of a reputable company that handles this kind of transaction for sellers and buyers? I really wouldn't consider buying if this were not at a resort that we will use regularly and save about 200 per night on our stays.
On our first purchase we just used the U.S. Mail, just like you are describing. The seller faxed a copy of his notorized Assignment of Contract (perhaps in your case it will be a deed) we faxed him a copy of our checking acct. funds and both of us faxed copies of our drivers license and receipts for overnight mail. The idea was that if either he or I did not recieve our package by noon the next day then either of us could cancel check or transfer. But we were lucky and all went very smothly. He cashed the check and we finished the paprework and mailed it to the resort with another check. Our second experience was with Timeshare Services Inc. in Orlando. They recorded the deed, took care of escrow and notified the resort as well as keeping in contact with us. their # is 407-370-2373. Our third experience was with Resort Closings Inc. Very Slow. and our fourth is with Timeshare Freedom , Inc. in GA 800-579-7005. The gals that work and answer there don't seem really knowledgable, however, I asked for a supervisor and I got faster service than with anyone else, I got more information and I got my package the next day with a postage paid fed-ex package to return. So far, they're great. Good luck and congratulations on your new purchase, Deena