Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Another Special Assessment (by Eric W.):

llacy wrote:
ericw84 wrote:
llacy wrote:
Sounds like another $640 per unit being proposed. Why don't we just sell the land to a developer?

I'm NOT happy with management - just finished paying maint fee plus $300 one time special assessment, now it's $640 more! I can't even sell for what I have in assessments! This is either an effort to force out current owners, or a fault in mgmt to find the problems the first assessment was supposed to fix. How do we fare if this money pit can be sold to a developer?

I was told that they needed 100% of owners to approve a sale, and that's very unlikely to happen especially with some units in probate and foreclosure.

Does the handwriting on the wall look OK to you? With some units in foreclosure and probate, now with crazy assessments, we can expect more owners to bail out - just walk away. We never will get 100%. I bought into this timeshare scam under a pitch it will save me money! The way it looks now is, they can hit us up for assessments for any amount at any time. Pretty slick of them to make the deadline to pay first assessment by April1 then add another right after! Anyone out there ever face this situation? What can we do?