Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Disclosures and honesty in selling!(even resales) (by Meg Y.):

timesharejudi wrote:
jayjay wrote:
Unfortunately this happens a lot with resales. Many private sellers don't even know WHAT they own as some have never even been to their timeshare (they bought to trade), so they just put whatever comes to mind in their ads.

Resale companies don't know many times what they're selling and can give incorrect info on ads. I have witnessed this many times.

stanleyf5 wrote:
Hi. I have personally tried to buy a resale where the seller misrepresented the maintenance and other fees. This was not on ebay but here on Redweek. I received my deposit back, but I had about $125.00 of out of pocket costs which I incurred. I did complain to Redweek and they made the seller change their ad. Unfortunately, there are a number of unethical people in the world. Stan.
That is why you should deal with a Realtor. You wouldn't have been out anything and you could go to the Board of Realtors to complain. They don't put up with timeshare scams. If the Broker isn't a Realtor he can do anything he wants to because the Government agencies don't seem to know what to do because they are overwhelmed by the large amount f scams going on. They have been sued by a couple of the large scam companies and have lost in Court because they don't have their act together when it comes to timeshare and scams.

timeshare judi I have tried emailing you to find out info re selling timeshare thru realtor, and have not heard from you. I had asked specifically about Canadian timeshares. How do I forward questions to you??