Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: RCI Class Action Lawsuit (by KC):

Re: >> .... I'm not supposed to express my opinion concerning the class action lawsuit against RCI ???? <<

Jayjay, I could not possibly have been ANY more clear that you are absolutely entitled to express an opinion. My point was (and remains) that your opinion is *ONLY* an opinion --- it's NOT a statement of established fact.

Re: >> Most Redweek members have never even heard of the lawsuit ... same as 99.9% of RCI members. <<

So, accordingly, I posted the plaintiff's statement of lawsuit content, word for word, to INFORM folks who might not know (but might very well be interested). Some inaccurate information on the lawsuit had been previously posted here --- some of it by *YOU* in fact (you have cited "surplus weeks" and several other references which, in truth, are NOT contained or mentioned within the lawsuit AT ALL).

Those not interested in this subject matter can simply ignore subject post accordingly, but at least an accurate portrayal of WHAT the suit is about has now been posted openly.

Re: >> People here are more concerned about scams/lies involving timeshares; upfront fee resale companies, postcard companies, lies developer salespeople tell prospective buyers, etc etc etc. <<

Personally, I always welcome facts and information, particularly those offered with accuracy and specificity. Accordingly, I offer no apogies for making an attempt to inform others by providing a precise, verbatim quote of factual information, presented objectively. With all due respect, what "people are concerned about" is not for YOU to determine, unless you have been appointed group spokesman and I just didn't get the memo...... If folks are not interested, they can ignore accordingly.

Re: >> The lawsuit would best be discussed on Tug <<

Unless I missed another memo regarding your elevation to be this site's group spokesman, that's not actually YOUR determination to make. I posted a new thread as a member, within a General Discussion forum, to INFORM people. I offer no apology for objectively posting some factual, precise, objective information which, according to your very own statements, most people don't otherwise even know exists.

Frankly, I have no idea how this lawsuit matter will turn out. You certainly don't either, but you are nonetheless entitled to express your opinion (or, more precisely, your guess). Personally, I think I'll just wait for the COURT to make any determinations and/or other "proclamations" regarding the outcome....