Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Amy V.):

bruce727 wrote:
Sadly enough I've resorted to actually taking the semi-weekly calls from the "resellers" and allowing them to ramble-on with that old familiar sales pitch (that I am finally immune to) and request for money upfront... merely for entertainment purposes! I need to get a different hobby...

I let 'em waste time on me so they can't get very many other calls completed that evening. One desperate sounding caller haggled with me to get a sale and lowered her $499 fee down to a hundred bucks.

Another frustrated caller said (after several minutes of rambling on)"apparently we can't see eye to eye..." I couldn't resist that one. My reply: "this is a telephone, isn't it?"...

Maybe if I do this a few more times that industry will put me on THEIR "do not call" list... ;-)

Good for you!!!! If you really wanna mess with them call em up and spend a few hours of their time preventing them from scamming some unknowing person. When I do this I make up a resort name and see if they will give me an illegal price quote on something that isn't even real!!! It is a great laugh. If you wanna make em piss their pants ask what their telemarketing lic # is.