Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Is 7Across a scam since being bought by RCI? (by KC):

dpeyton wrote:
Has anyone else had experience with them?

I was not aware that 7Across (formerly DAE / Dial an Exchange) was bought out by RCI; that is certainly news to me (but we don't exchange anymore, so I don't really follow exchange company activity anymore). With no offense intended, color me somewhat dubious that your assertion about RCI owning 7Across is correct.

That aside, exchange availability (regardless of which exchange company is discussed) always depends upon people actually making deposits. Without deposits, there is no exchange inventory from which to select. In this Covid-influenced era, it seems to me that many more owners are simply either using what they own, or renting out what they own, rather than rolling the dice in the uncertain "exchange game" which (as you are clearly now discovering) may not (and frequently does not) offer any availabilty in the places / dates that people actually want to exchange into --- and then incurring hefty exchange fees if / when anything suitable is available. The "exchange game" is a risky and uncertain business in my opinion and prior experience. Your mileage may vary...

I have no personal experience with 7Across and long ago gave up entirely on RCI. I hope that you get other and hopefully better responses from people with more current first hand experience.