Timesharerelief

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timesharerelief (by KC):

hennyp states, in pertinent quoted part: >> I guess the lesson is, if you were stupid enough to buy a timeshare from a developer, you will be stupid enough to be fleeced again.<< ======================================

Perhaps a bit harsh and a little judgemental, no? I'm reasonably sure that there are many folks desperate to rid themselves of the financial burden of ongoing (and increasing) timeshare costs who never actually bought from a developer in the first place. Such people are vulnerable --- perhaps even desperate --- to get out from under something they no longer want, due to any number of changing circumstances in their lives (death, divorce, old age, financial reversals, etc.). This state of mind doesn't mean that these folks are necessarily "stupid" , just anxious and a bit vulnerable.

That all said, I DO agree that the parasitic upfront fee bandits and "postcard" companies are nothing but "legalized thieves" who are preying upon the fear, guilt and vulnerability of susceptible people (who may or may not actually be, as you chose to say "stupid"). Just my own personal view and opinion.............