Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Resinding within 5 days in Mexico (by Jo ann R.):

jayjay wrote:
Get in touch with Profeco for any complaints you may have concerning timeshares in Mexico:

Information: Profeco offers free advice on the commercial conduct of companies operating in Mexico.

Complaints: Profeco receives reports of non-compliance upon contracting a service or buying products. Go to the Profeco office in the town where you are, making sure to present a copy of the documents which validate the operation undertaken: the receipt or contract and a valid form of identity.

You can also present your complaints to Profeco via the Mexican Embassy or Consulate in your country of origin, or by mail to: Profeco Dirección General de Quejas y Conciliación Av. José Vasconcelos No. 208, Colonia Condesa, México 06140, D.F. (Accompany a brief description of your problem with your name, address and telephone number.) Call us toll-free 01-800-468-8722 Email: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

thanks jayjay, i have been reading these boards and you seem to know a lot about time shares, i was hoping you would answer, i put this problem under the wrong topic, so i did not know if i would get too many responses. we will certainly try all ways to get our deposit back, i think they are trying to charge us for the "gifts" that they give for going and all the extras they give for persuading people that aren't sure. they gave us some cruise certificates that were suppose to be enough for our family and another couple for a seven day cruise, come to find out they were not even enogh for us, and then we still would have owed $726.00. the way they explained the program was we would have enogh points to cruise once a year, and still have enough for a two bedroom once a year. well i guess we will see what happens. thanks for the reply.