Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: How can I rent a timeshare? (by stanleyf5):

dereks41 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
If you own the points you don't need a guest certificate from an exchange company. What you're basically doing is reserving a week with your points and renting that week out. The only time a guest certificate is needed is when an exchange company is involved and you're GIVING an exchanged week to friends or relatives.

dereks41 wrote:
The question i have is am i able to rent out any week if it is available to a renter using my points to book the week and purchasing a guest certificate for the renter?
I do own the points , but i am with an exchange company, RCI. I talked to them yesterday and they said that any of their resorts that they are affiliated with need a guest certificate to be purchased if i am not going to be going, does that make sense?

If you own Fairfield points and you book a week and you are letting someone else use your week, then you need a guest certificate in the Fairfield syatem. If you are doing an RCI exchange and letting someone use the exchange week within RCI rules, you need a guest certificate. If you rent the week contrary to RCI rules and have a guest certificate and RCI finds out about the rental they won't let the guest into the condo. Stan.