Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: How can I rent a timeshare? (by R P.):

dereks41 wrote:
I do own the points , but i am with an exchange company, RCI.

If you own RCI points and go through them to secure an EXCHANGE then you are NOT allowed to rent that week out because it would be considered RENTING AN EXCHANGE. If you simply own RCI points and book at week at a resort using those points, you could rent that week out because you haven't performed an exchange.

dereks41 wrote:
I talked to them yesterday and they said that any of their resorts that they are affiliated with need a guest certificate to be purchased if i am not going to be going, does that make sense?

If you OWN the points then you do not need a guest certificate unless you are exchanging those points and you CANNOT rent that exchange out.

Guest certificates are for those people that GIVE their exchange to friends or family with the only compensation to them being the guest certificate fee and the exchange fee, no more. In other words, you cannot request the maintenance fee nor any other fees in return or make a profit.