Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Woodstone Meadows vs. Casa de Campo (by Janet S.):

I always become perplexed by the complaint of being charged a fee for Massanutten amenities. When you go to Busch Gardens, Disney, Myrtle Beach or the OBX ... do you not pay for mini-golf? go-carting? waterparks? evening entertainment? Do you not drive to these activities? Do you not wait in long lines at a waterpark?

There are plenty of *free* things to do at Massanutten - 2 playgrounds, hiking trails, 4 indoor/outdoor swimming pools, softball tournaments, horse shoe tournaments, family scavenger hunts, use of the indoor sports complexes (pools, racquetball courts, ping-pong, gymnasium for volleyball & basketball, weight room), use of the *dozens* of outdoor basketball, tennis & volleyball courts and trout-stocked ponds.

I cannot speak for the Casa de Campo condos - I have heard that the quality of these units are not good -- but I cannot understand the complaint of 'driving' around the resort because if you vacationed at ANY of the locations mentioned above ... you would have to 'drive' to most family activities. Most people love the fact that you don't have to leave the resort property all week to find something to do -- yes, mini-golf is $5 -- that's what it costs when I am at home too -- yes, go-carting is $6 but when I went to Disney it was $8 --- yes, the magic show is $10 but when I went to the beach last summer I paid $20; if price is a concern you could attend Massanutten's family movie night on Tuesday evenings. The price is $1.

I completely agree that Massanutten should build another pool but I really just don't understand why people complain about *paying* for activities at Massanutten & don't complain about it when they go to the beach or Disney.

By the way, I own a year-round vacation house at Massanutten. If you have a question, feel free to ask.