Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Vallarta Gardens Timeshare Scam (by Andrew K.):

My wife and I attended a Vallarta Gardens timeshare presentation on May 30, 2023 after being pitched inside a Walmart in Puerto Vallarta. Our 1.5 hour presentation lasted 5.5 hours during which time we said no several times. We were pitched to purchase 6 weeks of stay in the form of a vacation club membership, Concierge Club. We were told we could sell upto 5 weeks of stay through there marketing partner, innova marketing services for 2500.00 per week. Ultimately the price went down from 60,000 to 11,500 and at that point it seemed like a good "investment." I paid a 5900.00 deposit by credit card and signed a promissory note agreeing to pay another 5600.00 within 30 days to pay of the membership. After getting back to my hotel room a bad feeling overcame me as the deal I signed seemed to good to be true and I immediately began searching for reviews of Vallarta Gardens. I could not find one reviewer who had ever been paid for the weeks that were to be sold through there marketing program and lack of availability and not mentioned charges were a common theme. During my review I learned that even though I signed a form stating that I did not have a 5 day rescission period as I was buying a foreclosure property that this was in fact a lie. Mexico consumer protection laws do not allow you to waive the 5 day rescission period.

If you are within the 5 day rescission period you definitely need to visit the website MESCAM.COM, there you can find sample rescission letters which you should copy and paste. Finding the mescam.com website was truly an act of god as it is hard to find in a search.

I emailed my rescission letter on June 2, 2023 (3 days post contract signing) then mailed June 3, 2023 (4 days post contract signing) by usps registered mail and FedEx international mail.

On July 5, 2023 I received a credit of 5900.00. If not for MESCAM sample letters and advice I don't think I would have been able to get a refund. Please trust me on this advice, I dont benefit in anyway from this recommendation and will forever be indebted to John and his website Mescam.