Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Vallarta Gardens Timeshare Scam (by Lisa M.):

We both got phone calls this morning from a Mexico Number. The lady who left a vm said her name was Patricia Rojas attorney with Montes. She said something about a liquidation agreement and that if we have not received our payments then to give her a call.

Not sure if any of you have also received this phone call or not.

So I called my friend who is an attorney in California bay area. He said that this is also likely a scam. That Mexico does not have laws that protect anyone, including most Mexican nationals. She said there was a construction lawsuit that was filed and that we are part of the National Register of Victims. According again to my attorney who works here but is Mexican this is not true. In any case I thought it might be nice to get my $ back if this is legit but again another tactic to try and pressure us who were scammed into giving them more $.

My attorney friend said that they can't come after us, part of the Geneva convention. He said in order to attach our wages or whatever, they would have to personally serve us, not just call and send aggressive voicemail messages. This lady also said if she does not hear back from us by Friday that she will send me paperwork to opt out of this lawsuit. Since I have yet to get anything at all in the mail from Mexico, I'm doubtful that after 10 years I would get one now.

I also just google earthed Vallarta Gardens and it's the same as 10 years ago. Still the same footprint, no more new condos, no yacht harbor, nada.