Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Differences between new Marriott Lahaina tower and Original villas (by Jeff M.):

barbarak156 wrote:
Marriott purchased the Hyatt next door? That's interesting. I had heard that Hyatt was trying to get permits to build their own timeshare. What will Marriott do with the property?

Also, regarding the garden/mountain views in the new tower...when I went on the tour, the unit they showed me was considered a mountain/garden view, but it was higher up. Maybe it was the 4th floor, but I thought it was higher. Any thoughts on that?

i was following a salesperson with clients. i heard him tell the potential buyers that marriott had acquired the hyatt next door. i then called the sales office to confirm. they did confirm that marriott had acquired the hyatt. they indicated that they are not sure if they will leave it a hotel or timeshare it.

with the big lot between the new tower and the hyatt, i am sure that they will go thru the entitlement process to build more units. maybe they will leave the hotel a hotel. which i am ok with either plan. my first stay at maui was at the hyatt.

as far as higher up. whe were just there. the check in desk told me that they only have 1 garden view unit on the 4th floor. we were on the second floor and had a great view.

last year we were in the orig building on the top floor pool side. the view (ocean view) was unbelievable.

the rooms in the new tower are so nice, you may not care where you are. they are very nice.