Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested? (by Soz):

Jim, I'm sorry to hear what you went through. You're right about it being the worst financial decision EVER. My wife and I watched her Mom and Step Dad go to "owner update" after "owner update" only to come back each time with more points purchased. Before we were fully aware of all that was going on, they had gotten in so deep with Wyndham purchases they couldn't afford to buy groceries at one point because of the huge monthly maintenance fees they were paying. They finally were told by all of their children that if they purchased any more of this nonsense, we would stop visiting and they wouldn't see their grandchildren anymore! We had to resort to such extreme tactics because they were literally out of control if they were across the table from these salespeople! It worked and we did finally manage to sell back their points for literally penny's on the dollar of what they originally paid. Absolutely terrible what they did to these very elderly grandparents. Wyndham has literally taken any inheritance that we, or our kids, would have seen but that's ok we're all doing OK and so are they not that they've rid themselves of the timeshare noose from their neck.