Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Dropping of Marriott to VRI (by Carvan A.):

deborahb3 wrote:
I don't plan on using my week in Vail, I have it just for trading. Again, I'm hoping that I will still be able to trade into a Marriott property. Has anyone had a problem with their trading since the management change?

I recently attended an owners meeting for Cedar owners in Denver. My impression was that board members tend to be owners who use rather than trade so the loss of the Marriott connection means little to them. We have owned week 26 on the second floor for over 15 years and under Marriott mangement traded consistently to ski weeks at Marriott locations both in Streamside Vail and Park City as well as summer weeks at Hilton Head and Hawaii. The Marriott priority for trades made the property extremely valuable for trading purposes. The loss of the Marriott connection rendered the property virtually worthless for trading purposes and absolutely worthless on the resale market. I cannot give it away or donate it to a Charity. I can still make trades through II because week 26 at Vail still has some trading power but forget about ever trading into a Marriott property now. I feel we were violated and the board members mostly located in the Denver area and who own primarily to use did a number on those of us who primarily owned for the Marriott connection. "We wuz robbed" when they failed to renew the Marriott management contract.