Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Floating Weeks (by KC):

adahiscout states, quoted only in directly pertinent part:

>> If their float week owners can't use certain weeks in Florida, I'd assume they are already owned by fixed week owners. << =======================================

A reasonable assumption, but not necessarily correct. The "5-15 float reservation blackout rule" is standing policy right across the board at several different coastal FL resorts at which I own (and none of them are related to one another by either management or ownership affiliation). This policy exists (and has since initial construction, to the best of my knowledge), despite the fact that there are still owned units sitting empty during this very same time window. I can't understand or explain it, and won't pretend to, but it's a fact nonetheless. If I had to guess, that guess would be that it was /is a planned effort to maximize and stabilize the market dollar value of fixed weeks in prime winter season. Just a guess --- I don't claim to know. ======================================

>> BECAUSE NO GENERALITY IS UNIVERSALLY TRUE<<.

Absolutely. Different countries, corporate ownerships, points systems, assorted "internal upgrade" options, etc. virtually guarantee that there is no (and likely never will be) anything approaching "standardization" of practices in the timeshare industry. Each individual really must make the effort to FIRST figure out for themseleves THEIR OWN particular needs and goals (and budget), then research the available options fitting those clearly established parameters. Unfortunately, too many people adopt a "buy now, understand later" approach to timeshare, particularly with the ease and lure of "ten cent timeshares" offered on eBay every day. Like everything else, the intrepid purchaser later discovers that "the devil is in the details" (and those details might later be a real shock).