Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Consequences on stop maintenance fee payments on a RTU timeshare (by KC):

jeffw839 wrote:
I had a bad stroke and being on disability now, cannot afford the maintenance fees and am behind in these payments. I asked the resort to let me give my deeded timeshare back due to my situation but they said they didn't have a give back program. They have since had a collection company constantly call me. Now suddenly, the calls just stopped. We are Canadians and the timeshare is in the states. Does anyone have any suggestions or simular experiences?

In view of your unfortunate circumstances, your best bet might very well be to ignore the collection agency (under U.S. law, they must stop calling you upon your specific request, by the way) and just let them go right ahead and foreclose, which they will do at some point. The toothless collection agency has no legal authority or power whatsoever; just ignore them. Put it all behind you, just forget all about them and look after your own health — there is really nothing further that they can or will do.