Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What is the value of an RCI point? (by Mary D.):

"The above point clarified, to use a 1BR unit in ANY "Gold Crown" resort in Florida in RED time "COSTS" 43,000 points for one week. However, someone actually owning that same 1BR Red week at a GC RCI points resort in FL may very well own considerably more (or less) annual RCI points than that amount in their own underlying ownership at their particular resort. ken1193" ====== Am I wrong in assuming that their "undelying ownership" is figured on the basis of unit equivalents? Surely resorts cannot sell raw points without regard to their space inventory. I know this is true with the points system resorts we own. (NOT at RCI Points resorts) While we can own many points or few at a particular resort in the group, points purchased are figured on the basis of what it would "cost" if we were to use points in that same location to get into a unit of a certain size in a certain season. A purchase would be measured in terms of "a blue Studio" perhaps, or a "red 2 BR", or a "white 1BR". You don't have to USE the points like that, but they are units of measurement in determining the value of a purchase. These point values don't change at an existing resort, but new ones into which one might want to make an internal points exchange or special locations like Hawaii may be valued differently. Does this sound consistent with the RCI POINTS setup? I'd expect a "cousin" for Fairfield to show some "family resemblance". MD