Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What is the value of an RCI point? (by KC):

Re: >> Am I wrong in assuming that their "underlying ownership" is figured on the basis of unit equivalents? Surely resorts cannot sell raw points without regard to their space inventory.<<

I don't even know what the term "unit equivalents" means, have never heard the term mentioned in matters RCI, and I see no reference to any such terminology anywhere in any of my RCI points printed materials either. Accordingly, I can't (and won't) comment on that about which I have no first hand knowledge. While others may do so without much hesitation, I choose and try never to do so.

If someone owns a week at a RCI points resort, then they own a specifically defined amount of points contractually associated from the outset with that particular, individual purchase of that particular "week". That much I clearly know and understand, but I can't (and I won't) make any comparisons with "other" point systems about which I have no personal knowledge. I can and will address ONLY that which I actually KNOW about. =======================================

Re: >> I'd expect a "cousin" for Fairfield to show some "family resemblance". <<

I can't speak to your own personal "expectations", particularly since I have no knowledge whatsoever about "other" (non-RCI) points systems, and no awareness of any "cousin" relationship between RCI and Fairfield / Wyndham. That said, I do find it difficult to imagine that RCI cares even one little bit about other point systems or practices besides their own --- but I certainly don't speak for RCI....