Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What is the value of an RCI point? (by Mack F.):

jimcameron wrote:
Hi Mack: I'd be very careful buying any RCI points.

Too late, I already bought into the system. I've developed a fondness for the insanity of RCI. If I go in with no expectations, I can't be disappointed, right?

adahiscout wrote:
I've concluded that the RCI Weeks site sometimes "times out" when you poke around too long looking at exchange options. It does not exactly SAY so, but suddenly the dozens of options you have been reading about disappear. If you log out and then log in again, they usually reappear. MD

Yes, the site definitely has its bugs. I've noticed that many times when I change the dates for my search, the system continues to hunt for the first date I submitted. It works best to clear the form entirely between searches.

Ken1193 wrote:
mackf4 states, quoted only in pertinent part:

>>The thing is, bad idea or not, I want to play the game. I think I can win it. <<

Nobody "wins" it except RCI. Shoot for "break even" or "stay ahead".

Hehehe, I've already won ... because I cheated. I convinced my parents that THEY needed to buy 104,000 annual timeshare points, and if they put me on the deed, I could help use 'em.

It remains to be seen if my folks will break even!

Ken1193 wrote:
I am certainly at least willing to give you some benchmark numbers from the 2007 RCI points value summary for your reference (and I'd be glad to look up any others you specifically identify).

Thanks for the kind offer, Ken! Our ownership is in escrow, so I don't have my own RCI account yet, but somebody (for some insane reason) has posted their companies userID/password on the web to allow non-members access to everything on the RCI site. I can use that to look up the specific "prices" for weeks ... which often cost less points than the grid shows ... I think.

I'll keep RedWeek posted about my adventures in RCI land!

MF