Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: How I fought and won the TS battle (by JoAnn V.):

kimyn wrote:
Joaann You did not said where did you buy your timeshare. If in Mexico, you have 5 days to rescind. However, I did not know that since my contract did not state our rescission right; it did, however, included "Penalty Clause" as you said deposit would not be refunded if cancelled. This is against the laws in Mexico. Another advantage in my case was the paper that they asked us to sign when we applied RCI credit card, clearly states that we waived our rescission right. This is illegal in Mexico. The resort knew all of these laws apply in Mexico, but they ignored it. If anyone know their rights and confront them, they will refund the money. Like in my case, only a couple hours after I emailed my cancellation request, the credit already issued back to my credit card. If you need more information or ideas, please clearly state your case. Hopefully, with all the helps of others, you can make your case legitimate. Good luck!

Kim, The contract was signed in Mexico. Did you e-mail your contract to Profeco? They also ask for ID what type of ID does Profeco need? I am waiting to hear from them. I have also been restricted not to resale the timeshare for one year. Thanks for your help. I have also contacted Resortcom in San Diego. JoAnn