Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: DRI offering PT's owners Sunterra conversion (by Doug P.):

Before deciding to convert both out Suite's and Villa's units I calculated what our Sun Options points usage would have been had we had that option from the beginning. We purchased our original unit in 1998, purchased a Skyview unit in 1999 and upgraded our original tower 2 unit sometime later to a Villa's unit.

Based on past personal usage and exchanges, if we had the availability of using Sun Options points we left 39,500 points on the table. That's the equivilent of 4 round trip tickets on AA plus a 3 bedroom exchange with 1,500 points left over. Or, if you're just looking at exchanges that would be 6 additional 2 bedroom exchanges we could have had since 1998.

I think if I only had one unit or if I used my units for personal usage I would never have converted. But having two units made quite a bit of difference in my decision to convert. At this point from my conversations with a few other PT's owners it appears that maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the owners are making the conversion.

Like I said multiple week oweners come out better than single week owners. One conversion fee for all the weeks owned makes it more palitable plus, you get to Sunterra's Silver Elite status which gives you a few extra's that make it a little better of a deal.