Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Resinding within 5 days in Mexico (by R P.):

garym262 wrote:
I would never sign a contract for a major purchase in Mexico or most other foreign countries without a lot of research and legal consultation first. Maybe I'm overly pessimistic, but it's hard enough to get a fair shake in this country. When the other guy has written up a contract for you to sign, guess whose interests are protected by the contract? I've only been to 4 or 5 other countries, but I've been to Mexico a dozen times. Even if their legal structure was similar to ours and everything was done in English, trying to conduct a dispute across an international border has to be a supreme hassle. People advise you to buy a timeshare in a resort where you would be happy to continue to use it without thinking about exchanges. What if airline flights become a problem (medical, expense, political problems?)

Ditto ..... I think the current cost of flying is why so many Mexican timeshares are for sale on the resale market.

People don't necessarily think about transportation costs when they're caught up in the moment by a good timeshare salesperson at a magnificent resort, which they may have never experienced and are overwhelmed with all the beauty, the condos, the grounds, the pools and all the amenities.

Before we bought our one and only developer timeshare, we had rented many condos on the gulf coast over the years but had never experienced the "resort" atmosphere. At our first timeshare presentation, we were totally sold on the concept and "owning" a week at such a fabulous place.

I think this is how millions of developer timeshares are sold ... spur of the moment with no research beforehand and because the salesperson tells you the great deal being offered is just for "that day only".