Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Celebrity take over AMER.VACATION RESORTS (by Lori W.):

juliem287 wrote:
lorih185 wrote:
Does anyone know anything about Celebrity taking over managment of American Vacation Resorts? Celebrity Resorts called and told us about a member update meeting..they gave us 3 DAYS NOTICE. We live in Northern Va, and the only meeting they had available was in Maryland for a few days. It's a meeting about our options- so far, we recieved a letter stating that they are having financial difficulty. If anyone has any info, it would be helpful before we go into this meeting. Our meeting is on the 21st of January. Please let me know.....

I am curious as to what the discussion was about. AVR/Celebrity Resorts just called me also to set up a time for a "meeting" I am so sick of spending additional money into this to be strung along... Let me know what they talked about, please so I can prepare myself. Julie

Hi Julie, Had my telephone "meeting" last night with Craig, Celebrity customer relations. He could provide no information on AVR takeover, seemed suprised I asked, "meeting" was another attempt to get me to "upgrade" to RCI points for thousands of dollars, I declined.