Marriott System

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott System (by Charles G.):

ken1193 wrote:
roberts837 wrote:
we own a 2bd/2bt gold week at the aruba surf. paid about $23,000 years ago ...... don't have time to use it now. thinking of selling it. what company is considered "the best" for a resale? wanting to sell it fairly quick, so I am expecting a loss.

You are best off selling the timeshare yourself, assuming that you are willing to exert the time and effort to do so. There are many posts on this very site providing clear and specific recommendations on assorted selling sites and also addressing how to determine current market value. You are going to recover only a fraction of what you originally paid, in part because of the "second class citizen status" of a Marriott "resale" (in Marriott view and treatment, anyhow). Why compound that loss by also paying someone a hefty commission too???

Just my opinion....

Hi Ken, Would you care to elaborate on your "second class citizen status" statement. Since I have only experienced 1st class citizenship status treatment thus far, I would be interested to know what I should expect as an owner of both a resale, and retail units. Thanks