Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Belaire in Puerto Vallarta (by R P.):

phill12 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
Why would a moderator close a thread that has so much interest just because discussion can get heated (they need to target the abusers). Closing a thread because of a few malcontents punishes everyone else that has an interest in that resort. I was under the impression discussion of timeshare resorts (good, bad, ugly) was the purpose of Tug ... evidently not.

As much as I like Tug and spend most of my time there you are right!

For one thing they have to many different moderators with different opinions.

It gets like they have a contest in who can move or delete or just close a subject.

I have seen different moderators disagree with each other on their own statements and opinions.

Tug needs to be careful that they don't just let any body become a moderator just because they want to.

Rules are needed but over-kill is not good for any forum.

PHILL12

Normally, DaveM is the fairest moderator at Tug, but why he and other moderators keep closing the Belaire threads is beyond my comprehension since there's SO much interest there. I hope he hasn't let his moderator position go to his head now that he's retired and has more time on his hands.