Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshares is good investment or not. (by stanleyf5):

Hi I don't believe one should buy a timeshare as an investment. However, if you buy resale with the intent to keep the timeshare for at least 15 to 20 years, and choose an outstanding company, you can obtain quality vacations at far less than vacationing at hotels and resorts on a rental basis. I increase my value by doing exchanges since I don't have to travel in the summer as families with children usually do. I have had good luck in making exchanges in the summer for quality locations. I expect to lose about 50% of my initial price if I sell immediately, but will do better in about 10 years I believe. I use RCI's Last Call and get resorts for less than I paid for a hotel room per night in the 70's. I am happy with my timeshares and RCI exchanges, however, I appear to be in the minority of Redweek Members who use these forums. As an examle, I have traded a studio blue plus exchange fee for a huge 2br. with ocean view during "snowbird" time in southern Florida. I have also exchanged 2 studio white weeks plus 2 exchange fees for 6 bedrooms and six baths during the winter months in Florida. Stan.