Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Timeshares is good investment or not. (by R P.):

ghhww wrote:
Very funny about the book comment. I have sold a lot of books and also have helped thousands of people work the system, just as I have for 15 or more years.

When you save many thousands on vacations and make money on some rentals obviously it more than pays for all the maint fees. You don't get it... or want to obviously.

I thought I was adding some experience and wisdom to a discussion about how to use timeshares the way they should be used, to get great low cost vacations.

I have not posted on any board for a long time since I got sick of comments like that 10 years ago by small minded people and idiots who like to run other people down anonomously.

There are lots of people on chat boards who just love to post comments to run people down and drive them off the chat boards... reminds me of high school and all the crap adolescents do to each other.

But not to worry, I have had enough of your crap and sarcasm.

I can certainly see why you quit posting on forums 10 years ago due to negative comments by other posters.

I do realize that you are a shill trying to SELL SOMETHING on this board ..... as Mike stated, probably a book telling people how to 'work the timeshare system'.

What may have worked for you in the past will no longer work for you in the future as any type of travel, including timeshare travel, is in the tank. People are concentrating on the big 3 for survival (roof over head, food, transportation to work) not travel and/or renting/buying timeshares.

It was posted on another board that Harborside Atlantis, Paradise Island, Nassau Bahamas recently laid off 800 employees due to a very slow economy and lack of check-ins. Westgate has also laid off thousands of workers and the domino effect will continue.

Harborside is probably the largest and most popular resort in the world. This just goes to show how the tourism and travel industry is hurting bigtime.