Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Very Very Easy? ....Sorry, but I don't think so. (by Peter C.):

jayjay wrote:
...Not in this market, no matter how much you know. Hawaii is one example ..... used to be a very high demand area for tourists .... not so any longer with skyrocketing air fares and this economy... I can guarantee that you have had only losses in the last 6 months and that you're business model will collapse.

yes, it is difficult in this market. But just today a Marriott Maui owner signed up with me and I'm running ads for her. I don't expect her units to rent for the listing prices, but I am confident they will rent for more than her maintenance, after my expenses.

The air and rental market have certainly had difficulties over the last 6 months. But not certain loses, and not for me. First, airfare has DROPPED significantly from the oil high periods. Second, customers are as frequent now as at the beginning of the year. The issue is agreeing on a price they are willing to pay (much lower than normal) where owners can make money. So far I'm doing fine, and I've helped a number of owners do better as well.

Our greatest weakness is of course our individuality. Individual owners don't spend enough time/money to market their units and there are far too few reputable rental management companies. There are far too many rip offs. THAT is what is hurting our timeshare rental/resale market. We need more reliable rental/resale entities offering owners a better ability and access to low up front fees to list with a commission when rented.