Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What happens if you just stop PAYING? (by R P.):

carvana wrote:
You completely missed the point of my response to Joseph. My advice was intended for anyone who due to financial reverses was unable to pay their MFs and was also unable to sell or give away the timeshare. I have never recommended that anyone just “quit paying maintenance fees” if they are able to do so. You know as well as I do what happens – a foreclosure. My advice was to contact the resort in writing and explain the circumstances and seek a deed in lieu of foreclosure. I am not going to do the work for you but you can go to the deed records in any county where there are timeshare resorts and you will find a multitude of deed backs. It happens all the time but this is one little piece of information the timeshare industry does not want you to know because as you have said, the “maintenance fees are the bread and butter” of the industry.

1. Joesph wasn't in dire straights financially concerning his MF's (please read his first post). He merely got tired of paying them and had no use for his timeshare any longer.

2. You are correct that anyone can get in touch with a resort requesting that they take a deed back in lieu of foreclosure, but that doesn't mean they will (in most cases they won't).

3. Did you read the threads from TUG that I posted (evidently not)? TUG is where I received my timeshare education and I have been reading it daily for almost 9 years. Members of TUG are the most timeshare educated people in the entire world. See what they say about merely 'quitting paying maintenance fees' and the repercussions that will follow. Surely you know how to copy and paste urls?

4. The reason I so adamantly argue against your advice is that I don't want readers here thinking they can just 'quit paying maintenance fees' and they end up with their credit screwed up.

5. The only problem I have ever had with you on this forum is the same bad advice you've given before concerning 'quitting paying maintenance fees', with no repercussions, otherwise I have no problem with your posts. You give your advice as if millions of people do this everyday with no problem.