Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

2009 DUES INCREASE 31.4% (by David P.):

BE CAREFULL!!!!!!! DO your homework and ask them lots of questions.

We have been Sunterra Owners for a long time. We upgraded our unit into the points and their "Trust" system back when they were still Sunterra. Seemed like a good deal. We were told our maintenance would NOT go up. We were told that we would NOT get billed any special assessments.

Both were lies.Our mainentance fees DID go up and we were charcged a special assessment this year as well.

When I called last year about the maintenance fee increase and told them what I was told, the lady acted as if I was crazy. Saying that it was absurd to think they would never go up. Anyhow, bottom line is that salesman lied to us over and over to get us to buy.

We have loved our timeshare experience, especially with Sunterra. I am less than please with Diamond Resorts so far. They have seemed to forget who their customers are. I was afraid of this happening when the copmany went from public to private.

I cant tell you if your maintenance fees will be lowered or not when converting them into the point or trust.

I just caution you into putting any more money into Diamond before you really understand what the offer is.