Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Sunterra sold to Diamond Resorts LLC (by Richard R.):

No, you don't get any of the perks when you buy from someone privately and I personally own 190,000 points here. I have exchanged into the Westin on Maui on numerous occasions, the Marriott on Maui numerous times, for several weeks at the Atlantis on Paradise Island in the Bahamas and the points system is the only way to go in my opinion. The only way to get into "The Club" (the points system) is to buy from the developer, it is not available on the resale market. I have never seen a system that works as smoothly and easily as this one and feel very badly that a few uninformed individuals are costing many others the opportunity to find out the benefits themselves using inaccurate information to scare them. I'm sorry you did not purchase while you were there as that is the best time to get the most advantageous deal. You are not bound by the usual restrictions of the old weeks ownership when in The Club and that's the only way I would consider owning here.