Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: RCI Class Action Lawsuit (by Roger T.):

The last three or so years is when I have noticed most of the problems. Perhaps it was happening before that with regularity, but I was probably trading my weeks for very low demand/off season locations like inland Texas in January. However, now that I am retired and wanting to travel further away for some longer trips, I am really discovering the difficulties in getting a trade, especially of equal quality. Each time the staff hits me up to extend my RCI membership another 5 or 10 years, I keep saying I'm not sure if I like the way things are going with the rental vs. trade issues, and I have resisted upping my membership. I really don't think they care what I do, but just want my money. I also hear that there may be some claus in any new extended memberships that would excuse them from playing with our weeks and rentals. I keep saying that I believe they are competing with the very business they started so many years ago that we really liked at the expense of the actual timeshare owners.