Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers (by Ken T.):

Finally, I've found a posting with people who feel the same way about the Sheraton Vistana Resort assessment fees!!!!!!! I thought I was alone. I agree with the other people who have written in to this forum, the owners need to form a group to let the board know we DO NOT AGREE as to what they are doing. I own in Spas and my assesment is $1,600 on top of the $700 in matinence fees I pay each year. I can't understand how they want this kind of money UP FRONT! I received letters about how SVR was going to do renovations, but none of them stated that the owners were reponsible until we got the packet showing what the revovations would look like. I immediately called to express my concern and got the same response most of you probably got. In short, "pay it or sell it". I also wrote to them on their web site and got a very generic, pre written letter back. We looked into selling but it would cost us so much to sell it plus having to pay this assesment it wouldn't be worth it. I have two kids and I'm about as Joe Average as you can get. I have seen their is alot of information out here on who to call, email, and write too but are their any contacts that may be better than others? Also, has anyone heard any updated information on this topic? I am just so relieved that people feel exactly how I do. I would be happy to be a part of any group that bands together to fight this and would do what I can to help out. Ken Tringali