Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Alert to Timeshare Scam (by R P.):

susanm838 wrote:
We also went to meet with the Apex people. I felt the scare tactic. I knew with in 5 minutes of how worthless times shares are that we would be asked to pay them to take it off our hands. I was insulted yet I see there point. We tried to have an open mind. I can't help but feel that Ah oooo feeling. So, we decided to sleep on it. In the paper work they sent home with us. In several places they have. "These documents must reach us within 5 DAYS the contract will go into default and the owner (that's me) would be responsible to pay all additional fees. I just wonder how many people are stuck with these extra fees on top of giving these people $3000.00. I guess time will tell if this group is the Wolf in Sheeps clothing. By the way. We don't have $3000.00 to give to these people. We're not signing.

Please see my other post below before you go any further regarding rescission.

So, it looks like you had 5 days to rescind. Are you within the 5 day period? If so, get off a rescission letter ASAP (you don't have to go into detail, just state that you wish to rescind their offer to buy your timeshare), then both you and your husband sign the rescission letter and go to the post office and send it certified mail, return receipt. If it's after the rescission period, I don't know that there's much you can do.