Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Another Special Assessment (by Renee N.):

Always a problem property. I've owned since around 1989. At that time Hideaway Sands had just come out of a bad situation with a bad developer. Lots of the units were clear and tied up in courts for years.......who knew what that was about.......Anyhow, the maintainance was pretty reasonable. There really aren't many things to do at Hideaway but I loved it for just that reason.....The Peace and Quiet. What bothers me is I don't understand how they need to go up so much and so fast and with no end to this project. They only clean your rooms once a week....the office closes at 6pm and there are no services provided so I never understood how fixed services could be a cause of such tremendous increases. Fire the broker. He does absolutely nothing and since he's been there costs have skyrocketed. The deterioration was unthinkable. With the first assessment, he did make sense when he was explaining the need for such large sums of money. Let me back up, there was the insurance that kept escalating. OK, that made sense at that time. This is not the first property he has managed so what happened to us should not have been one of those (scratch your head kind of moments)....everything (almost) on St. Pete Beach is on the water with salt water damage at some point so that's not an unlikely foreign situation. Take some of that maintenance money that you are flushing down the toilet and buy some annuities that mature every few years that you can use for major projects. I've been here for 20 years and wanted to continue but your sloppy management is sending Hideaway Sands into certain bankruptcy. By now they could have built an entirely new resort. And the Board?????? They are all friends and locals.........so go figure. Anybody interested in a petition or asking the attorney general to look into this moneypit or something similar? Can the Florida Real Estate Commission look into what's really happening with the money???????????? Email me at varicity@gmail.com.