Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Sandra S.):

We have all complained about doing something about what DRI is doing and has done to us and will continue to do. Just wait until we have to pay the maintenance fees in December (if we can afford them).

However we have done nothing about this situation. Except complain.

When I purchased eight years ago, a lady at the Escrow Company told me that the maintenance fees generally went up 3 to 4 % . This last December we paid $1599.00. I called and explained our situation to DRI and asked if I could make monthly payments and was told definitely not, and that if I did not make my payment, I would default, go into collection and be sued, and resold with the monies collected and retained by DRI(my week was paid in full at the time of purchase and of course fully deeded).

I have written to Gov. Lingle in Hawaii and received a response from her office stating I should contact the Real Estate Commission. Yes, they responded requesting additional information, (which I have sent).

I also contacted the office of the California General, Jerry Brown, who too responded referring me to the Real Estate Commission as the business is a Nevada Corporation, however as I am a California resident they check for possible illegal actions to their residents.

We as owners truly need to come together and and work on solutions and actions in order to put a halt to the practices DRI is inflicting on one and all. I fully agree with Michaeld414.