RCI Points

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: RCI Points (by Eli W.):

That is "partially true". First all, DO NOT pay $2,100 for a resale. There are many that you should be able to get for $1. Most Importantly, 1) Make sure you are not taking over any payments and 2) Make sure that your maintenance fee/point ratio is not high (Ex $600/20,000 = 3c per point.) BAD. RCI Sells points at 2c per point, and you should shoot for less than 2c ratio.

Also 1) Closing Costs 2) Annual Point Allocation 3) Resort Transfer Fee. Some deals on eBay, the Seller will pay all or 1/2. Try to get one of those. 2) 10,000 is nothing. Make sure it is not a Wyndham property or another points program. That gets complicated. 3) Some resort transfer fees, like Hawaii and some Upscale have Transfer Fees of $400+. This will be a great expense at purchase and a hindrance when you sell.

Yes, you would only have to pay for your points membership, which is only ~ $124 per year or ~ $278 for 3 years.

Now, the main catch is: If the Weeks resorts OFFERS a points program, as many are starting to, then you are not able to convert for $26. Then you would have to upgrade the contract through the resort.

I actually have a handful of points properties I would be willing to sell to you if you want to get around this.

Feel free to email me privately and I can give you my cell to talk you through some of these not so obvious facts.