timeshare renting

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: timeshare renting (by R P.):

ir6 wrote:
If you don't mind me being perfectly frank, I intentionally omitted the name of the company I chose. Understandably, it seems that a lot of people on this site have had negative experiences with timeshare resale/rental companies. It seems that these bad experiences have ultimately resulted in most of the forum members being very skeptical of anyone with a positive thing to share about a company. From reading through the forums, it seems that anyone with a positive experience gets immediately accused of being a "shill poster"-- I don't feel the need to defend myself for a simple choice I made, I would prefer just to share the TOOLS I used to make my decision, without promoting a specific company. Sound fair? I think these forums can be provide great education for those who are unfamiliar with the processes involved, and I am more than happy to share the steps I took when coming to my decision! :)

You are wise not to name the company you do business with as you may come across as a shill (as you stated).

We advise that if any company asks for an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands of dollars that 99.9% are scams ... if there is a company that takes their commission after a sale or rental then we would recommend them .... I'm very glad that you're happy with the company you do business with but you didn't answer my question as to how much you pay them in advance .... btw, no timeshare can be guaranteed by any company that it will be rented or sold.