Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: belaire golf resort and spa (by Irene S.):

You guys need to wake " when it's too good to be true then it is what it is"! First I would like to say feel truly sorry for the ones that lost their hard earned money-it is a disgrace that people get away with such a scam. I hope you can put it as a lost in the next Income Tax- It is not just in Mexico that those scams happen! EVERYWHERE in the world even in U.S.A and Canada so we hope that you will eventually put this awful experience behind you and continue traveling where you want.. Mike Gilmore: You are a fake-I live in PV and work in real estate; I can assure you guys that Miramar, Belaire and who ever uses the word Guarantied rental are lying to you. Me and a group of other honest local people are trying to put together literature to educate people-reach the newspaper-anything to stop or at least discourage those con artist to continue their illegal activities. If you are a local or a tourist in the city of Vallarta and you see those con artist please call 226-8087 (This is "reglamentos" and they don't tolerate this kind of activities-they will show up and help you! They are like the police of illegal activities) You will need someone help you since they speak spanish. They also help to control the activity of OPC (the suppose people that gives out tourist information or free coupons for cooking class or free tour but only if you attends this short 90 minute presentation!!!) those people are aggressive to people on the street and will say anything to get you on these tours. Now for your information" Mayan Palace is a scam" Miramar-Belaire-any resorts that offers rental if not using your timeshare or uses the word guaranty. They should be using words like you can rent it or your own but there's no companies that will rent our your week for $2500!! IMPOSSIBLE think about it! Would you rent a week at Mayan Palace for $2500?? Plus airfare etc..a room is normally from $150 to $300 a night for standard room.. so if they rent their room for that kind of money how can they pay their marketing and make a profit...too good to be true then it's BUL#%$^ ! The only ones I can think that are legit are Four Seasons and Paradise Village(look them up and you won't see negative comments like those resorts that I mentioned to be scams. If you think you have been scam and bought a timeshare and would like to cancel call right away Profeco-have someone from their office come with you (you will probably need to tip them to come with you!) also you can call Reglamentos 226-8087; the cons are afraid of those guys. BE persistent and right away call your credit card company to let them know you have been scam. Do not wait or let anyone tell you that your money will be refund in 90 days (you will never been refund within 90 days) Make sure you stay in the sales office and get your money back right away-if they say they will call the police then call them yourself! The Puerto Vallarta Police protects tourist so if you feel you have been rub by timeshare people then call the police and tell them I have been rub!!! HELP!!! The best is NEVER buy anything that seems to go to be true and always do your research before buying anything-you shouldn't have to buy the same day-incentive are a way to get you in the deal same day but those are just pure crap!!! You should be able to "think about it" and do your research. I hope this was helpful : ) GOD bless the victims and take the cons to where they deserve to be. Amen